Thursday, January 27, 2011

Time Keeps ticking, ticking, ticking...




So my Norwegian Ski School director reminded us yesterday in our morning meeting that there is only 2.5 months of the season remaining. We all cringed a little, the words were like painful and disheartening. Today I didn't work, so I got to ski all day, well at solitude a full day can be skied in about 3 hours. A few co-workers and I decided we would work for our turns. We took the slow lift and boot packed, hiking up "stairs" in the snow skis over your shoulder, up a ridge till we got to a nice open meadow. We took two runs up this ridge. These and a few others runs made the day. The snow was soft and fast, the sun was bright and the goggle tans dark.
So its been a full day and I have been reflecting on my season. The snow has fallen and stopped, but we have not cared. The snow came in deep. It has also lasted through the slow month of January. Now with the last weekend of January approaching we are looking forward to the snowy months. I would be satisfied with my season if the snow melted tomorrow. Good thing it won't. We have gotten about half of our average snow fall with 2.5 months left. I think it'll be a great rest of the season.

No comments:

Post a Comment